Best Natural Health Remedies For Your Glowing Skin
by Melody Cleo
Natural remedies have been used for a very long time in skin care rituals. Eating fresh fruits, vegetables and drinking plenty of water is a great way of promoting internal health, but did you know that some kitchen ingredients can do miracles for skincare while being natural and economical? Let’s get back to our roots and comprehend some quick natural home remedies for a glowing skin.
Natural remedies for dry skin:
• Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut butter or virgin coconut oil makes a great skin moisturiser by providing a protective layer.
• Apricot and avocado oil blended with glycerin can be massaged on the face followed by warm wiping for an immediate glow.
• Mix vitamin E cream and almond oil and apply the mixture on your hands and face at bedtime. This leaves your skin soft and supple.
Natural Remedies for Dry Lips:
• Desi Ghee is the balm available off the kitchen shelf. Nothing works better than this.
• Apply a blend of an antiseptic lip balm and honey on your lips and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes then remove it with warm water.
• Mix a couple of drops of glycerin, castor oil and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your lips and keep it overnight.
Natural Remedies for Treating Under Eye Circles:
• Putting cucumber slices over tired eyes help relax the weary eye muscles.
• Cooled tea bags can also be used to rejuvenate the under eye areas. The tannins in tea help in fluid retention.
Natural Remedies for Treating Dark Elbows and Knees:
• Mix sugar and honey and use the mixture as a scrub twice a week. This is a great natural polisher.
• Cut a lemon into halves and scrub your knees and elbows with it. Leave lime juice on your knees and elbows overnight and see the difference for yourself.
• Make a paste of milk cream, three drops of basil leaf extract and a pinch of turmeric. Rub the mixture on dark knees and elbows and keep it overnight for the best results.
Natural Remedies for Treating Dull Skin:
• Mix milk powder with honey. Make a thick paste, apply it on your skin and leave on for
a couple of minutes. For the best results, you have to continue using this remedy for a longer period.
• Rub a piece of papaya on your face and neck for fifteen minutes or blend a ripe papaya, make a thick paste and apply the paste on your face and neck.
Natural Remedies for Treating Oily Skin:
• Mix honey with lemon juice. Apply the mixture evenly on your face, back and neck. Leave it on for about five to ten minutes. This also acts as skin bleach and controls the production of oil to some extent.
• Apart from this, you can apply Aloe Vera on your face since it has wonderful skin healing properties.
• You can also use a blend of Aloe Vera juice, honey, rice flour, and turmeric powder to treat your oily skin.
What to Bear in Mind When Using these Natural Home Remedies:
• Individuals with acne, acne prone skin or sensitive skin should not try using these remedies or any other self-medication without consulting with a doctor.
• The fresher and healthier the food eaten is, the better your skin will look and glow.
• Eat a lot of antioxidant rich vegetables and fruits such as lemons, oranges, papaya, sweet lime, tomatoes, broccoli, green tea, carrots, spinach and sweet potatoes.
• Incorporate foods rich in omega 3 into your diet, for instance, almonds, walnuts among other seeds and nuts. These will help build your skin immunity making you have a glowing skin.
In conclusion, you don’t have to break your wallet to take care of your skin, and if you go for the fundamentals like increased water and vitamin consumption as well as the use of the above mentioned home remedies, you are going down the natural route as well. These remedies are purely natural and therefore have no negative side effects. However, if you happen to get any kind of a negative reaction, visit a doctor right away.
Melody Cleo is a passionate blogger from Manchester, UK. In her free time, she writes articles on various topics such as technology, gadgets, travel...etc. As of now she is focusing on European Health Insurance Card, which provides health insurance services for the European people.